This course has been designed to create a confident actor who by the end of one year can approach text with confidence, understanding and truthfulness. The course has the Stanislavski technique at it’s core and consists of classes in Acting, Movement and Physical Theatre, Voice and Speech and Acting for TV. Each student will come away with a showreel of their work. As part of the course, students will work towards a showcase performance to be held in June 2017 at a 300 seater West London theatre.
This One Year Evening Foundation Acting Course takes place over 2 evenings a week, Tuesday, from 7.15pm to 10.15pm, and Wednesday, from 7pm to 10pm, and is split into 3 terms each running for 12 weeks. It consists of 6 individual MODULES. The course is suitable for:
• Students wishing to apply for a full time accredited training at a Drama School or University
• Students leaving school at 18 years who are taking a gap year prior to university or drama school.
• Graduates leaving university wanting to develop their acting skills
• Older applicants considering a change of career.
• Anyone who seriously wants to learn about acting and to understand the craft of acting
• Anyone who wants to return to acting after a break
• Those working full time who would like to learn acting techniques
We have designed the course to be held in the evening so as to be compatible with those who work during the day, and to make it accessible to as many serious candidates as possible. We also aim to ensure that students who wish to commence a full time course after this training do not start their full time course with a massive debt. In the last two years previous students have gained places at AMDA, Mountview, LIPA, The Urdang Academy, Drama Studio London and Tech Music School.
MODULE 1: The Journey Begins
• Voice and the actor - breath control and voice production
• The body and the actor
MODULE 2:Technique and more Technique
• Move Voice
• More Improvisation
• Stanislavski – actions and objectives
• Building a Character
MODULE 3: Approaching Text
• How to approach text
• Building a Character
• Shakespeare – learn a classical monologue
MODULE 4: Rehearsing Scenes
• Learn scenes – duologues – perform them for the camera
MODULE 5: Acting for Camera
MODULE 6: Performance
• Showcase Performance at the end of the year